Monday, November 3, 2008

Too Much Eating and Drinking, Not Enough Running

"So Drink To Me Drink To My Health..You Know I Can't Drink Any More." Picasso's Last Words (Drink To Me):Paul McCartney

Well, life's been hectic, but fun. This past Thursday the company my wife works for threw her a surprise 50th birthday celebration. Randee, her co-worker, did a fantastic job sending my wife all over Hamden and Cheshire looking for clues and gifts that eventually led her home. From there I drove the 2 of them to Humphrey's Bar and Grille in Wallingford for her birthday bash. A fun time was had by all. Needless to say, I ate and drank way too much. Friday I had all intentions on going home after work for a 5 mile run and skipping Happy Hour at Humphrey's. After all, I had been there less than 24 hours earlier, right?! WRONG! Peer pressure from co-workers Carissa and Grace changed my mind. So, more beer and food for me, and of course even though I left at a decent time, I didn't go for a run. Saturday I DID go for an 8 mile run. Why 8 miles?? Well, 5 seemed like it would be too short, and 10 seemed like it would be too long. That's always my "Runner's logic." It felt great running the Linear Trail once again. My time was a little slow, 1:11.46 (8:58/M), but I was satisfied with how I felt. No knee or achilles pain. The past 2 days were spent in Atlantic City (Harrah's) with my wife, celebrating her real birthday, which was Sunday. (Details above)

No comments: