Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Manchester, Manchester, Manchester

"I understand about indecision; But I dont care if I get behind; People livin' in competition; All I want is to have my peace of mind." Peace of Mind: Boston

I know...all I've talked about lately is the Manchester Road Race. Well, guess what I'm going to be talking about today?! No time to run yesterday due to my Weight Watchers job. I really wanted yesterday to be my final run before, you guessed it, the Manchester Road Race. Today I debated for about 2 seconds whether or not I was going to go for a run after work. The rain had gone away, and the sun was shining. I got home, logged into WTNH.com, and discovered that it was 41 degrees, "feels like" 38 degrees. A "heat wave" compared to the temperatures this past week. So, my 2 seconds decision was to go for a run. However, I needed to use common sense since the Manchester Road Race (4.75 miles) is now less than 2 days away. I chose my 3 mile road course. I figured I'd take it easy, enjoy the run, and not worry about my time. As I settled into my pace, it felt so right. Even though the sun had disappeared behind the clouds, the temperature had dropped, and my hands were cold (forgot to wear my gloves), my legs were moving well. I hit my one mile point at 8:26, which was fine since home to mile one is a series of small, annoying hills. Mile one to two I felt so good that I increased my speed. I reached mile 2 at 16:26, or an eight minute 2nd mile. Nice thing was, I still was enjoying my run. Everything was as perfect as it could be. My time for the final mile was 7:45, for a time of 24:11 (8:03/M) for the 3 miles. Well, tomorrow is a day off from running, then "Turkey Day" is the race. Myself and 10,000 other runners and walkers burning calories and having fun doing so. Thanksgiving turkey always tastes so much better after I've run the Manchester Road Race.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good luck on your race! It sounds like you are in tip top form to do really well.

I have never run on Thanksgiving day and am looking forward to it. I bet that turkey tastes better!