Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Haven't Been Running, I Haven't Been Slacking

"People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation) Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)" The Who

So just when I get back on track, or should I say "back on the road," life gets busy and I don't run. Yes, this past Sunday was the last day I ran. This Saturday will be the next day I run. A 6 day break is usually unacceptable for me, but I do have legitimate reasons for my lack of a runner's high. Monday I worked my regular job, then a 5:15 (hey, another "Who" song) meeting for Weight Watchers. Tuesday was work, followed by traveling an hour to see The Who concert at Mohegan Sun. The concert was ok; at times it seemed like they were just going through the motions. Maybe being the fact that Roger Daltrey is "64" was also a reason. Yesterday was work, followed by a meeting with a "Bride-to-be" (I'm also a JP) about her wedding next June. By the way, I do wedding ceremonies for free everyone! Then home to attend to my son Robert's needs, then off to work at Weight Watchers. There's another factor involved in my lack of free time this week, but I'll have to explain that on Friday. Anyhow, it is impossible for me to run in the morning, as I get up at 4 a.m. weekdays. OK, it's not impossible, just impractical! I HATE running after dark, but as of this Sunday I will have to suck it up. Yes, we "fall back," so it will be dark here in Connecticut at 5 pm, if not earlier. At least my running clothes are reflective, as are my shoes, and I can wear my arm band with the red flashing light. The bad thing about wearing my arm band is I tend to be fascinated by how "cool" it looks flashing in the dark, and that's not good if I'm running on a busy road!

No comments: