Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm Ready For the Manchester Road Race

"Take it easy, take it easy" The Eagles: Take it Easy

An early morning run today. I left my house at 7:45 a.m., and finished back home at around 8:30. Temperature was 20 degrees, "feels like" 13 degrees. After the first couple of miles, I didn't care. I thought my time was going to be slow, meaning around a 9 minute mile pace. I ran the 5 mile route created by my daughter Stephanie, and I wasn't winded, feeling any pain, or struggling at all. It was too easy, therefore my belief of a 9 minute mile pace, especially since I decided I wasn't looking at my stopwatch until I finished. I was shocked when I finished and looked at my watch: 41:29 (8:17/M). I stared in disbelief, and checked it again several times while inside. I thought the cold had numbed my brain cells. Well, needless to say, I'm ready to run the 4.75 mile Manchester Road Race on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if I'll do another run beforehand...do I really need to?!

No comments: