Saturday, November 22, 2008

Today's High Temperature: 29 Degrees

"Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through; I'm cool (He's cool); I can't complain but sometimes I still do; Life's been good to me so far." Joe Walsh/The Eagles: Life's Been Good

Nothing like a refreshing 6 mile run on the linear trail. 3 miles out, with the wind at my back, then turn around and run the 3 miles back with a cold, icy wind blowing in my face. Yes folks, today's high temperature in Cheshire Connecticut was a brisk 29 degrees, with a wind gust of 30 mph, which I'm guessing occurred as I was running miles 4 to 6. I was in full winter running gear of hat, gloves, wick through shirt, long sleeved cotton shirt, shorts, sweatpants, and for the first time, sweatshirt. It's a month away from officially being winter, and I'm dressing like it's February outside. How depressing. Today's time was 50:51 (8:28/M). I would have had a better time, but the 30 mph gust between miles 3 and 4 made me feel as if I was running on a treadmill. Well, at least there wasn't thunder and lightning. By the way, Manchester Road Race is in 4 plus days. I'm psyched. 10,000 runners and lots of spectators plus, for the first time ever:
Fox 61 to televise Manchester Road Race LIVE. Damn, I'm doing my best to be on tv!!

No comments: