Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today I Was Going To...

Today was going to be the day I placed in the top 3 in a race and won an award. Today I was going to run in the "Honest Tea Run For Refugees" 5K race, and place 3rd or better. I missed 3rd place last year by only 22 seconds. Today I was going to attack the long, uphill part of the race (Hills are not a problem for my long legs), get to the turnaround at the top of the hill, and run as fast as I could the mostly downhill last half of the race. I was going to run a personal best 5K time, and get my "bling" for placing in the top 3 in my division for the first time ever. I was going to be able to cross it off my running goals for 2009. Well, sh*t happens, and if you've read my previous blog posts, you know what sh*t I'm talking about. Instead, today I'm planning on starting my long road to recovery with my first run of 1 1/2 miles at an 11 minute mile pace. Oh well, at least I'll be able to use my new Garmin Forerunner 305. Now, if only I can figure out how to use it...LOL.

No comments: