Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Running "Buddy"

Today's Run Stats: Farmington Canal Linear Park; ?? degrees (Oops, forget to check WTNH.com); 3.05 miles; 30:22; 9:57 per mile pace. Mile 1: 9:36, mile 2: 10:07, mile 3: 10:06.

I had forgotten how nice it was to run with someone. Sometimes when it's warm enough, meaning 40 degrees or above, my daughter Stephanie will run with me. I'm proud to say that even though she's half my age (26 vs. 52), I still run at a pace comfortable to her. That's a polite way of saying I'm faster than she is! During the winter I miss the quality father/daughter time we spend together during our runs. I spend my winter runs listening to my mp3 player (no, I don't own an i pod) filled with over 100 songs that are mostly from the 70's. Yes, I live in the past for the most part when it comes to music. Anyhow, it was not necessary for me to listen to music today. Today I ran with my "blog buddy" Carlee. We both happen to live in the same town, and met through our blogs. Cool, huh?! Carlee happens to be my daughter's age. Even though she's running further and faster than I am at this time, she was nice enough to agree to run my limit of 3 miles, and at a 10 minute or so per mile pace. I felt guilty asking her to run according to my restrictions, but was psyched that she was willing to run with me. Carlee was easy to chat with while running, and our 3 mile run went by quickly. For once I was focused on talking and enjoying my run, and not worrying about trying to keep a steady pace and not messing up my form. I tend to talk TOO much when running, according to my daughter. So Carlee, if I talked too much and drowned out your music, I apologize. But as I said, it was great meeting you and running with you.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

sometimes when you run alone a lot it's a great change of pace to have someone else to run with and it's easy to find yourself being chattier than normal. hopefully carlee won't hold it against you, guess we'll hear about it soon if you keep it up! :)