Friday, February 6, 2009

1 1/2 Miles, and 2 Black and Tans

Well, my second run of week one running 1 1/2 miles at an 11 minute or so per mile pace. Once again I listened to my podiatrist and ran the linear trail. However, I did violate the "35 degree or warmer" rule since it's only 25 degrees outside. My total time for my 1 1/2 miles was a "blazing" 16:18, which is a 10:52 per mile pace. It was difficult, no impossible, to maintain a consistent pace. I spent as much time looking at my Garmin as I did enjoying the scenery. Oh well. Since it's Friday, and I blew off my co-workers at Happy Hour, I've decided to have my own version of it. So here I sit, hunting and pecking on the keyboard, listening to 70's tunes on pandora radio, and drinking my second black and tan. Thanks to my brother-in-law, I'm now hooked on making them myself using the $4 black and tan spoon that I won on ebay. This weekend is supposed to be warmer-40's to 50 degrees, which is perfect running weather for February here in Connecticut.

No comments: