Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lucky 7 (Miles)

50 degrees; splits 8:54; 8:50; 8:59; 9:20; 9:12; 9:26; 8:56 1:03:37 total for 7 miles; 9:05 per mile pace.

Another random run on the road and the Farmington Canal Linear Park (a.k.a. the linear trail). Once again I parked at the trail, and ran wherever my legs took me. I somehow managed to plan it well enough so that I arrived at the trail at mile 5 1/2. So once again my last 1 1/2 miles were run on the trail. Why 7 miles you might ask? Well, I'm getting bolder, or dumber, depending on how you look at it. I'm increasing my mileage with the goal of running the Ten Penny 10 Miler on April 5th. That's 25 days from today. My extra motivation to run it is that my 26 year old daughter wants to run it with me. I love my daughter, both as a daughter, and as a running partner. Long story short, I couldn't ask for a better daughter. Anyhow, I'm thinking that if I increase my runs by a mile per run per week, while taking it easy and only running 3 days a week as I am now, then it's a reachable goal. I'm also thinking that my achy toes that feel as if they want to sprout a bunch of blisters better respond favorably to the gobs of Vaseline I put on them. The tingly sensation in the side of my left foot might be a cause for concern also. I guess I should relax now and keep my fingers crossed....time for "Ice Ice Baby."

6 comments:

Anais said...

Oh no I hope that foot of yours doesn't start acting up!!! It's definitely icing time, and not the fun kind lol :)

MCM Mama said...

That's so awesome that you and your daughter run together! My dad is my favorite person in to run with. One of these days I'll actually get fast enough to beat him.

Lindsay said...

that'll be such a fun race to do together! i have no doubt you could run the 10-miler but you do want to be smart. hope you get the foot ache under control - don't let it get away from you and turn into something bigger.

Rookie on the Run said...

How cool that you and your daughter are such compatible running partners! That must be a great bonding time for both of you.

Oh, and watch your feet. Ice is your friend!

Irish Cream said...

I love that you and your daughter run together! I ran my very first race (a 10K) with my dad . . . and we are tentatively planning on running the Chicago Marathon together this fall! Take care of that foot! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Let's Go Mets!!! That's awesome about the game. Hey, and take care of that foot!