Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Behaved, and My Lawn Looks Great

"The answer, my friend, is blowin in the wind, The answer is blowin in the wind." Bob Dylan

Well, I resisted the normal Friday after work "Literary Club" meeting at Humphrey's yesterday. Literary Club is what we call Happy Hour at the school I work at, so the students don't realize that we're going out drinking. Instead of having my average of 4 Sam Adams and way too many buffalo wings while watching "Giada" do her bendovers on the Food Network at 4:30, I did the responsible thing and went home. Instead of going for a run, I decided to beat the rain that is forecast for today and mow and fertilize my lawn. So, I "fired up" my 20 horsepower Sears lawn tractor and put the pedal to the medal. One hour later, my lawn was looking good. I followed that with an application of Scotts® Lawn Pro® Super Turf Builder With Winterguard fertilizer, and I was all set. But wait!! I "accidentally on purpose" spread some fertilizer on the driveway and sidewalk. No problem, as I recently bought a new Toro Ultra Blower Vac 51599, $70, a CR Best Buy. Just so you know, I don't buy anything (running shoes excluded) without checking out Consumer Reports magazine rating first. Even though it's electric, it has POWER. I made a few "Tim the Toolman Taylor" noises as I blew the fertilizer off the sidewalk and driveway. It's my new favorite "Boy Toy." I decided that my reward would be a couple of Coors Lights, since I didn't have any Sams in the frig. However, drinking alone just doesn't quite measure up to drinking with co-workers and being served my Sams by Alisha, the "easy on the eyes" bartender at Humphreys. I guess it's the price I paid for being good.

No comments: