Sunday, October 19, 2008

Has it really been 8 days????

"Run Rick Run"
8 days after completing the Hartford Marathon I finally ran again. My 23 year old son has been sick the past week, but he's finally feeling better, so I went for a run. I love the Cheshire Linear trail this time of year. The leaves are various colors, it's busy, but not too busy, and it's just the right temperature... more or less. I went to WTNH.com, as I usually do before a run, and discovered it was "feels like" 44 degrees, which caused me to wear my long sleeved marathon shirt plus sweatpants in addition to my regular running gear. My normal rule is "Less is best," but I also HATE to be cold. Anyhow, I intended to run an easy 4 miles, which turned out to be a "comfortable" 6 miles instead. It wasn't the same as running in a race, as any runner knows. I tend to feed off a crowd and other runners, and have much better times in a race. But I ran a respectable 52:57 (8:49/M). My motivation to run has decreased, as it did after running the marathon in Providence back in May. It's time for me to focus on the Manchester Road Race, which happens on Thanksgiving day. 10,000+ runners plus a fantastic crowd is definitely something to train for and look forward to. Plus it's a short one....just 4.78 miles.

No comments: