Monday, October 27, 2008

Yup, I ran this weekend...

"Trying hard now, its so hard now, trying hard now..Getting strong now, wont be long now, getting strong now..Gonna fly now, flying high now, gonna fly, fly, fly." Theme from Rocky

OK, so I admit it...As I'm running, wearing my mp3 player (No, I don't own an ipod). I listen to '70's music: Elton John, Eagles, ELO, Chicago, Grand Funk Railroad, The Who, Led Zeppelin, and even Abba and a bunch of one-hit wonders to name a few! Any song that brings back pleasant memories of me being in my teens or 20 something is probably on my mp3 player. So as I ran my usual 5 mile course both days this past weekend, I'm sure the persons driving by me on Route 10 were wondering if I was smiling or grimicing from pain (I was smiling) when they saw me. Saturday's run (43:00) was a struggle, especially running up what my daughter Stephanie has nicknamed "The Killer Hills" on Blacks Road. I have no idea why my body felt "blah", but like any runner I was happy that I sucked it up and did it. Sunday, I decided it was "Hammer Time" (see previous posting) again. The combination of apple cinnamon gel, energy bar, and Heed worked like a charm. I didn't feel as if I was running any faster than Saturday, but it was a lot less effort. I was shocked when I discovered that my time was 41:12, nearly 2 minutes faster than Saturday. So once again, Hammer Time came through.

No comments: