Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Achilles Pain?? That's a New One

"No pain, no gain?"
Before I get to my achilles pain, I have a confession to make. I've gained 5 pounds in the past month. I attribute it to my over zealous pre-marathon carb loading. Probably the fact that I took 8 days off from running didn't help either. I thought I'd mention all this since I also work part time as a receptionist for Weight Watchers. At one time I weighed 218 lbs. Because of Weight Watchers and common sense, I usually weigh between 175 and 180. I have to fax my weight tomorrow night to my boss. I'm thinking of faxing a disclaimer along with it. Maybe I should also wear a sign at tomorrow night's meeting that says "Do as I say, not as I do." Anyhow, I'm 2 for 2 with post marathon runs while experiencing pain in my right achilles. Yes, I know I should stretch more. I HATE stretching, since I'm about as flexible as a 2 by 4. At least the pain has moved from my knee to my achilles. I'm hoping it goes out the bottom of my foot next. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. So, today was a 5 mile run along Cheshire's streets, on a course created by my daughter. I ran it alone, and realized how much I appreciate the quality father-daughter runs that we sometimes do. My time was 42:37 (8:31/M), which isn't bad for a solo run. OK, time to go ice my achilles...

No comments: