Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back to the Doctor Today

It's been 12 days since my appointment with a podiatrist. 12 pain free, put a heel cup in my left shoe, wear a night splint to bed, don't you dare even think about running days. Today, at 4:15, I go for my follow-up appointment. I'm hoping for the best. I need to hear the words "You can start running again." Anything else will be unacceptable. I'll do whatever I'm told, please doc. just let me run. I'm especially anxious to pound the pavement after reading Lisa's blog a few minutes ago. She recently completed a half marathon, and ran a personal best time. She just gave me an adrenaline rush as I read her race report. She was able to do what I haven't been able to do: run. Check out her blog:http://lisasepiphany.blogspot.com. I'm ready to strap on my brand new Garmin Forerunner 305 with all the cool features and hit the open road. I want to feel the cold Connecticut air blowing in my face. I want to get a runner's high. Please doc, just let me run....

No comments: