Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Running Goals

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions. I kind of feel obligated to at least make a few in regards to my running in 2009. That's because every other running blog I've read has them. Such pressure! Okay, so here goes. 1) Always have fun whenever I run (Hey, that rhymes!). Yeah, sometimes, like yesterday, I moan and groan after I've completed a run. That needs to stop. 2) Stay injury free. 3) Run at least 1 marathon this year; two if my body can handle the training. 4) Place in the top three in my division in any race and win a cheesy award. Best I've done so far is placing 4th in a 5K last February. So I'll have to run that race again and run faster! 5) Read as many running blogs as I can, and be supportive of my fellow runners by commenting in their blogs. 6) Buy the Garmin Forerunner 305 so that I can better track my progress. I'm like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" right now. Ralphie said: "I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!" I say: "I want an official Garmin Forerunner 305 high sensitivity GPS receiver with new courses feature and robust wireless heart rate monitor for optimal performance." 7) Run as many races as possible with my daughter. It's definitely quality "father/daughter" time. 8) Run a race with a "blog buddy." I don't know if that will be possible since I have a very limited readership.

No comments: