Tuesday, December 9, 2008

That's More Like It

"That's the Way I Like It": KC and the Sunshine Band

Today was a more typical December 9th. Good 'ol WTNH.com said it was 46 degrees, with a "Feels like 44 degrees." Plus, a light wind. Perfect December running weather. No prior commitments, including Christmas shopping (Hey, I still have 15 days to shop-why rush it?). I decided to do a 5 miler, and challenge myself since I actually had enough time before sunset. So I chose my daughter's 5 mile route, complete with what we call the killer hills. As I've said before (I think), it has a series of hills between miles 1 and 2, and on warmer days they wear you out. Today they were mere anthills, speedbumps...you get the idea. Nice thing about this route is I haven't bothered to actually check to see where each mile is. So once again, for the second run in a row, I ran without checking my split times. I need to do it more often. As my daughter has reminded me several (thousand) times, sometimes I become to obsessed with my times. Nothing exciting to report...same 'ol, same 'ol I felt good, ran easily, wow, am I getting bored with running??? NEVER! Total time was 40:51, or a pace of 8:10 per mile. No complaints about that, and no, I'm not obsessing over my time. I'm ready for this Sunday's 5K run. The Christopher Martin's Race is famous in CT for the best post race party. That means hot dogs, bagels, danish, yogurt, etc. Best of all, in my opinion, is the 5 kegs of beer that flows for free inside the restaurant. Last year I finished early enough to get front row, which meant drinking many cups of beer on that were on the bar, and passing back the ones I couldn't drink for others to enjoy.

No comments: