Sunday, February 21, 2010
I Need Your Help; and Random Thoughts
First, my random thoughts, in asterisk form:
* I joined a running group!! Thanks to Lisa http://watchlisarun.blogspot.com/ I went to the website http://www.meetup.com/ and found a running group with 300+ members.
* I finally added up my mileage for 2009. No, I'm not technologically smart enough to create a spreadsheet or whatever it's called to automatically track it. I ran a total of 826.41 miles. Not bad considering I didn't run for 3 weeks in January.
* I practiced yoga twice this past week. I bought a DVD, "Essential Yoga For Inflexible People" by Maggie Rhoades for $7.99 on Amazon. I like it. It's a keeper.
* 4 weeks to go until the New York City Half Marathon
* I last ran three weeks ago. YIKES (See asterisk above)
* I'm still doing my stretches, and I'm feeling a little more "Gumby-like"
* Three weeks to go until we "spring ahead."
* If I win the lottery, I'm hiring a Personal Trainer, or at least someone to stretch the heck out of my legs
* I have a crush on Hannah Storm of ESPN. To my wife: as you know, Hannah's happily married and so am I. At least I think we still are, right dear?!
* Welcome to my newest Follower "Bootchez."
* I was tagged with the "Sunshine Award" sometime this past week by Stephanie. http://50marathonchallenge.blogspot.com I'm sure most of you have already been tagged with this award. If not, please feel free to copy and paste it to your blogs and award it to yourself. The award is at the top of my blog. I'm supposed to award it to 12 of my loyal followers who put a smile on my face with their blogs. Well, the 20 of you who responded to my last post may tag yourselves. I never was good at following directions anyhow.
* My wife bought me a Hooker shirt...as in Thomas Hooker Brewing Company. We were there this past Friday night. No, that's not me wearing the shirt.
* I FINALLY figured out how to put a link in my blog that you can click on and go to.
* I'm strongly disliking ("hate" is too strong of a word) a few running blogs that are out there. Why? Because they shamelessly promote way too many products and look like a blogging billboard instead of a running blog. Matter of fact, I stopped following and commenting on one particular blog for that reason. If you want to promote a product, that's fine. I myself have recommended certain products in the past year. However, my recommendations are based on my honest opinion without any compensation or pressure from the manufacturer. There's some other things I could say, but I won't.
* By the way, I'm not referring to any of you. So relax!
OK, I need your help, please. I want everyone to give me one word, or a phrase, that best describes how you feel about running; or that describes running in general. For example, I've already written down determination, inspiring, and a few other words. So tell me a phrase, word, words, or whatever comes to mind when you think about yourself or another runner. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well, but hopefully you get the idea. I'll explain why I want your word(s) and phrases in about a week. I'll keep you in suspense for now.