Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good News Tuesday

I received good news today, and Meg received GREAT news today. Click on Meg's name to read her story. So my good news is that I went to physical therapy today for my "eval," and the P.T. dude's name was "Naga." What's up with that?! First "Nuno," now "Naga?" I must be on Candid Camera (Yes Meg, I'm dating myself here)or something. Anyhow, to make a long story short, it appears I'm OK to run. Best he can tell is that I don't have any meniscus tears or anything seriously wrong. Of course he twisted and turned my leg and knee every which way, and I never felt any pain. I'll be spending some time in their gym doing strengthening exercises and stretching. Oh, and I found out that I've been doing my stretching wrong, and therefore making my knee pain and other pains even worse. More on this late breaking story as details become available...meaning I couldn't schedule any P.T. appointments today, so I have to call and schedule them tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your well wishes-they worked. :-)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs and a "laugh out loud" at Naga and your Candid Camera comment(you're dating yourself now). You have already started to weave a little story I can tell...I'm glad you're back and correcting your incorrect stretches :) ! Thanks for the shout out, I'm very happy.

Anton said...

Great news Rick. Glad all is well and bet you are itching to get back out there in the spring sunshine

Anonymous said...

I think your knee hurts because it knows you are a mets fan. And that makes it sad.

ajh said...

Great news! I always worry I may be stretching wrong!

Silvergirl said...

Great news!!!Glad to hear you are cleared to run and that it is not the meniscus!

Burt said...

Great news !!!!

Jen said...

Glad to hear it! It's always good to know that you're not do damage while running through pain!

Unknown said...

Great news! Now you can go out for a relaxing run!

Julie said...

Hi Rick,
Congrats on being cleared to run!! This is fantastic news:) What, no stories about PT hot chick?

Woo hoo for Meg:)

RunKathyRun said...

Good news about the knee; learn the right way to stretch and then share it with me - I am worse then terrible about stretching.

Pining for Pinterest said...

That is awesome news about the knee. That is also very interesting about the strectching!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Fantastic news!!! :)

Anais said...

YAY!!! I know for me the pain starts coming back when I don't do my hamstring stretches... Maybe you should get back to yoga :P